Installation and start
First install EOS Utility from CD, then update it with the latest version from CANON.
- Connect hte camera over USB and switch it on.
- Set EOS Utility to “Remote Live View “.
- To install execute the downloaded “EosAutoShooter.msi”
file, then start by clicking the new desktop icon.
- The type of your camera (“EOS 500D”, “EOS 70D”, etc) must
be entered in menu item “Settings/camera type”.
- EosAutoShooter connects automatically with EOS Utility.
- After start the windows of EosAutoShooter and Eos Utility
must be arranged in a non-overlapping way.
Automatic exposure of photos
- Start EOS Utility in Remote Live View mode;
- Connect camera over USB and arrange for a motive.
- Start EosAutoShooter
Set mode to “Shoot with camera” or “Save live view picture”.
- Setup “Motion threshold”
Mark the important image section with a mouse-drawn polygon.
Trigger on picture manually by clicking the “Trigger photo” button.
Some CANON tools start and their windows up. Minimize them, but do not close
Press down the “Activate AutoShooting” button. Now EosAutoShooter is armed and
shoots photos on motion.
In the example above I’ve set up the camera to a static motive (the flowers) and marked the
motion detection area with a polygon (dashed lines).Then I moved my hand in front; this
motion is detected.
Automatic recording of movies
Set EOS Utility and camera in Remote Video mode. This needs a few steps:
- Camera mode dial to “[P]”,
- Start EOS Utility in Live View mode,
- Camera mode dial to “[Movie]”,
- in Remote Live View window press the “Prepare camera for movie” button (if
Use EosAutoShooter as described above, but set mode to “Record movie” stellen.